Monday, April 5, 2010

The Name

I like so many of us out there am a consumer! I like to buy things and I admit it. Do I do it with reckless abandon? No! I consider myself more of of an obsessive looker and occasionally I buy. But I'm always looking...looking...

So I thought I'd create something to log my obsessions and when creating the title, I wanted to call it The Daily Obsession, plain and simple, but it was taken so I reached for the handy thesaurus. When I entered "obsession" it was defined as such, "fixation; consumption with belief, desire " It was the "consumption with belief" that caught my attention. I think all us consumers would agree that we do do just that, consume with belief. We consume with the belief that whatever that next purchase is, it will enrich our lives. Make it better somehow. And then it's immediately on to the next thing. But who am I kidding, in the end a shopper is a shopper is a shopper. No, bullshit here. I just like stuff.

No response to “The Name”

Post a Comment